Monday, May 4, 2020

Progress in the Birding World

Back in January when we moved into our apartment in The Lodge at the Dallas Retirement Village, one of the first things I did was put up a bird feeder.  I selected a location in the central courtyard that was easily visible from our second floor residence. I knew I would be successful by offering both black sunflower seeds and suet, because I had years of experience in bird feeding.  However, not a single bird showed up in January, same for February, and even March!  So much for my expertise.  Then suddenly on the first of May we got birds. House Finches, both males and females showed up at the feeders.  On the third of May American Goldfinches joined in. And all along White-crowned Sparrows harvested the spillage on the ground. I can once again show my face in the hallways.
 
House Finch male

House Finch female

American Goldfinch male

White-crowned Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment