Thursday, February 27, 2014

Maintenance Responsibilities

My involvement in the design and construction of artificial nesting cavities, or "subsidized bird housing", as Lee Slattum calls it, has evidently obligated me to some on-going maintenance responsibilities. I naively thought that once my work on the construction was completed, my job was done.  But there appears to be continuing issues of "implied warranties" or possibly "renter’s rights", that seem to cloud the issue. I am shown here yesterday replacing the front of a "housing unit", the result of storm damage or raccoon vandalism.  Bottom line; It looks like I will be staying on in some kind of a maintenance position here at the Salem Audubon Nature Reserve.

3 comments:

  1. Jim has the makings of a successful landlord of bird housing. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple offer to help can snowball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you know how to handle your power tools responsibly!

    ReplyDelete