Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Birding From My Window


I’m feeling a little under the weather this morning, trying to come down with a sore throat or cold, so have elected to stay inside and keep warm and drink plenty of liquids. In searching for a place to prop my self up I decided to station myself by the window so I could watch any bird action.  Just as I was approaching the window this juvenile Cooper’s Hawk flew in to land on my neighbors railing. What a great start to my day.  It got me to thinking about the many great sightings I have had right here in our back yard.  Thanks to eBird I have an easy way to check on that as it keeps a Yard List for me.  I took a look and was kind of surprised at the total.  In the past year we have observed fifty different species right here in our back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment