Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sneaking Up Behind Us

I am frequently asked if we see any Roadrunners here at Cattail Cove State Park, today we did.  This afternoon while I was in the motor home working on my observation bird list for eBird, Jeanette called to me from outside, "Jim, a Roadrunner!"  I grabbed my camera, slipped into my crocks, and stumbled out the door.  Lucky for me my camera was able to find this Greater Roadrunner climbing up the rocky slope behind the motor home, presumably looking for lizards.  Jeanette and I were both surprised at how quickly he was able to climb up such a steep slope.  Everyday we are amazed here at Cattail Cove at the abundance of wildlife, particular birds, on the water, in the campground, and right here behind our motor home. Click on the photo for an enlarged view.

No comments:

Post a Comment