Thursday, January 29, 2015

So Long Lovebirds

This morning we are saying good-by to the Rosy-faced Lovebirds of Usery Mountain Regional Park. We had a lot of these birds around our campsite last night when I took this photo, kind of special for our last night here.  This is definitely a campground we want to return to and explore some more.  The plan for the day is to cross back over Phoenix to the west side.  Our base for the night will be the Walmart in Surprise on Greenway.  We have an appointment in the parking lot to repair a rock chip in the windshield, and Jeanette will be stocking up on groceries in preparation for our three night stay at Lake Pleasant Regional Park.  Not all Walmart's allow over-night parking, in fact in the greater Phoenix area this is one of the few.  I called last week to verify with the manager that it was OK, and she told me we would have to shut down the party by ten o-clock.  Ha, ha, I had no problem giving her my word on that.  I liked her sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable Lovebirds! Good luck with your journey from the far Southeast to the Northwest!

    ReplyDelete