Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ironwood Trail Hike


Left to right are Peggy and Larry Anderson, my wife Jeanette Scott and my sister Kathy Jobes.  Larry and I have been friends since the seventh grade.  He and his wife live in Wichita Kansas and while visiting family in Arizona are staying a week with my sister Kathy in Sun City.  Kathy brought Larry and Peggy out to our campsite in White Tank Mountains Regional Park yesterday and we went for a hike, using the Ironwood Trail and a section of the Ford Creek Trail to make a two mile loop.

Jeanette and I are continuing to enjoy the desert scenery, the abundant sunshine and a fascinating population of birds. For example this Gilded Flicker was the first bird of the day that caught our attention with his rat-a-tat-tat on our electrical box yesterday morning. This is a spring mating ritual for male flickers, which tells me Spring is starting here in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment