Sunday, October 1, 2017

Ducks in a Row

I'm the kind of a guy that likes to have all my ducks in a row, possibly that's one reason I like this photo taken a couple of days ago at Lyons City Park of these ducks all standing in a row on a log.  What initially caught my attention were the two spectacular males shown in the middle. They are a Wood Duck on the left, and a Mallard on the right. I can't remember ever seeing these two different species sharing a log at the same time.  To add to the uniqueness  of this photo,  flanking the male Mallard on the far right is a female Wood Duck, and flanking the male Wood Duck on the left is a female Mallard.  All the ducks may be in a row, but they are certainly not in order, and to a guy that likes order---well what can I say. I like the photo, and they all seem to be getting along, maybe diversity is a good kind of thing.

3 comments:

  1. Great shot! Glad to see you have your ducks in a row even if they are out of order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't know cell phones could reach from Hawaii!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my ducks all in a row too! Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete