Saturday, March 13, 2010

Final Nature Hike

Yesterday I lead the last Nature Hike on the trails here at Buckskin Mountain State Park. I have the same excuse as the day before. Again, I was so involved in leading the event that I failed to remember to use my camera. I pointed out a couple of dozen different plants, cactus, and trees. Numerous wild flowers are now blooming, and are a joy to see. More than half of our group of 11 hikers were from Canada and practically interested in what grows “down here”. In all I’ve taken almost ninety hikers on ten hikes this last two and a half months. It been a real pleasure to daily spend time on the trails, and I’m going to miss sharing some of the things I love about the out doors with so many interested people every week. I’m feeling a little nostalgic about it all, it feels like it’s one of the best “summers” I’ve ever had.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous - you get "two" summers! The park was fortunate to have you and Jeanette running things the past couple of months. And the 90 hikers are all a bit smarter now!

    ReplyDelete