Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring Time on the Colorado

This pair of Gadwalls seen this morning during our Bird Walk at Buckskin Mountain State Park points out that spring is really starting to get into full swing here on the Colorado River. Our group today also saw Double-crested Cormorants paired up, with the male displaying his double crests and a silly grin on his orange throat pouch. Earlier in the day I had seen a two great Egrets on that side of the river eyeing each other. Yesterday I saw a pair of Mallards mate after exchanging a couple of consenting nods, and today while innocently walking back to my motor home, I witnessed a pair of Eurasian Collared Doves on top of the camping cabanas share a couple of tender nibbles before he pummeled the heck out of her. Gawd, I’ve got to go take a cold shower!

1 comment: