Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ash-throated Flycatcher

Tuesdays and Wednesdays my job is to hang out at the Information Center from 10:00 to 2:00 and answer any question our campers might have.  In quiet moments I step outside to keep an eye on what's going on with the bird life.  Yesterday I got a chance to see and photograph for the first time an Ash-throated Flycatcher. Today I figured out that a deck off the back of the Information Center that looks out over the river is a good place to set up the scope and look at ducks and so forth. I think this is going to work out for me.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great picture dad - you are getting some amazing bird photos - reminds me I have work to do on the site...well, Friday is my day off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sounds like you have gone to Fri & Sat for days off. I am starting to make up 8x10 prints of some of the birds found here and displaying them in the Visitors Center.

    ReplyDelete