Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sitting is for the Birds

For several days this past week I have been occupied in trying to recover from some sort of food poisoning. Yesterday, I spent a good part of the afternoon just sitting in my backyard patio.  I've always been a fairly active person, so having to resign myself to just sitting is not an easy thing for me, and I was reminded of the phrase, "sitting is for the birds", uttered in disdain and disgust.  However sitting still in my backyard for some time turns out to be a help for the birds.  They become more comfortable with the surroundings and feel freer to come to the feeder and the bird bath.  An example is shown here with three juvenile Brewer's Blackbirds taking turns taking a bath.  In other words, sitting for me may not be a good thing, but it is for the birds.  So with a different tone and emphasis, sitting is indeed for the birds!

4 comments:

  1. From a lemon, you made a lemon smoothie. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been ailing. Wishing you a speedy recovery & appreciate the delightfully refreshing bird bath photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty. I think I'm almost back to normal today.

      Delete