Friday, March 2, 2012

Signs of Spring


I find myself constantly looking for signs of spring.  I seem to be hoping for some positive proof to validate the arrival of spring which I’m sure will be bringing with it sunshine and warm temperatures. Today is a good example of this focus. Spotting this pair of lovely Ring-necked Ducks, I was quick to consider them as proof that spring is close at hand. This has kind of become an obsession of late, and perhaps best explains why we find ourselves heading back to California again so soon.  We are set up this afternoon in the Seven Feathers RV Resort, where I took the photo, and tomorrow we will climb over the Siskiyou Mountains and drop down into sunny Red Bluff, California.

7 comments:

  1. WooHoo for you!! I just checked the forecast..no wonder you are heading there! Enjoy your stay!!
    (PS- How long are you staying there?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We gotta check those nesting owls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a couple of weeks the we will use to spread around in the area before having to be back in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are looking forward to hearing about the nesting owls & the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to plan a day drive north when I get days off. I would love to bird with the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MM we are free ANY day except the 10th or 11th

    ReplyDelete