Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finally Some Rain

We did finally get some rain yesterday. The forecast was for it to begin at 11:00 AM and be done by 11:00 PM, but it didn’t really get going until just before 11:00 PM and was soon over. I’ve been hoping to get some rain to test the water bars and drainage ditches on the trails. This morning I was out the door early to survey the trails and I found the ground had pretty much soaked up the rain, no erosion damage. While coming back on the Buckskin Trail I spotted this Common Chuckwalla soaking up the morning sun. This is the third day in a row I have seen him. As a side note, today is the last day of February, which means Jeanette and I are finishing up our third month of our volunteer service here at Buckskin Mountain State Park. We weren’t sure we could stay put this long, but we are loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment