Wednesday, April 23, 2014

American Robin's Nest

Today while picking up trash at the Salem Audubon Society's Audubon Nature Reserve I spotted this Robin’s nest.  The amazing thing is I walk these trails several times every week, the last time being Monday, and yet this is the first time I have seen the nest.  It's about eye level, and so close to the trail that I think I could probably reach out and touch it while standing on the trail. From what I have read, three to four eggs are the average.  As I have said before, it’s all about nesting right now.  We did not see anything of the Bushtits at the nest they were building last week, but we did see for the first time Ospreys building a nest on the platform by the parking lot.  Lots of excitement there, and I’ll try to have a post put together by tomorrow about the Osprey.

No comments:

Post a Comment