Saturday, January 25, 2014

Oil Change at Capitol Toyota

While I was getting the oil changed on the Scion at Capitol Toyota yesterday I checked out the lake there in the Capitol Auto Group complex. The first bird I spotted was this Double-crested Cormorant drying its wings in the bright sunshine. This lake, which for lack of an official name I am calling Capitol Auto Group Lake, is a former thirty foot deep gravel quarry for Salem Sand & Gravel.  Capitol Auto Group built three new buildings and moved their dealerships there from the former Mission Street location recently. This ultra-modern complex ofdealerships situated around this lake is beyond anything I have ever seen or know about for car dealerships. By the time I had circled the lake counting and photographing birds my car was ready. I mean, where else can you have your oil changed on your car while you go birding? In all fairness I should disclose that I am a former employee of Capitol Toyota of over 20 years, and oil changes are free to me for life. Thank you Scott Casebeer. 


American Coot

Herring Gull

2 comments:

  1. Birding and an oil change -- try Kendall Toyota in Eugene. There is great access to the Willamette River bike path and Delta Ponds. :)

    ReplyDelete