Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More Than Birds


Some of you may think that Cascade Ramblings is just for the birds, pun intended, but I offer this photo as proof there is more. I took this image about four days ago and it continues to hang in my mind.  It’s a Queen Butterfly feeding on a BahaFairy Duster flower in the Arroyo De Camino Cactus Gardens in Lake Havasu State Park. Queen Butterflies are members of the same genus as the better known Monarch Butterflies. One reason that this image continues to bang around in the forefront of my mind is the book that Jeanette and I are reading on her iPad Mini, Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver.  It was recommended to me by Dan Scott fellow RV’er and Winnebago View owner.  I always enjoy Barbara Kingsolver’s books, but this may be her best, and certainly provides some thought provoking insights into our world’s current environmental crisis.  I recommend everyone read this entertaining, but educational book.

2 comments: