Saturday, January 19, 2013

"A" for the Day


Joe Leeak from Seattle Washington got an “A” grade for the day this morning.  I get all kinds of people in all states of preparedness showing up for my Birding Hikes on the Sunset Trail at Lake Havasu State Park.  Many times they are without binoculars and bringing a bird guide would be very rare.  But, that’s OK, I try to have spare binoculars around and I bring a spotting scope to share and explain the birds we see.  I do insist that they make a list, which I provide and they merely need to check off each species when we see it.  Joe was on my Bird Hike a couple of days ago and I was glad to see him return, but I was blown away when he showed up this morning with not only binoculars and a guide book, but a clip board with a check list!  He had taken the previous trip’s list home and scanned it into his computer, erased the day’s count, and printed out a new list. I call that prepared, and Joe gets an “A”!  

1 comment:

  1. Jim knows his birds! I'm learning a lot the fast and easy way... Thanks Jim!

    ReplyDelete