Monday, August 27, 2012

The New Cascade Ramblings


If you have tried to use Cascade Ramblings in the last couple of months to look up a favorite trail, or critter, or wildflower, you probably gave up because of how slow it was operating.  It was reported to me by our server that the software was too old and hanging up. It has operated great for the past 12 years since my son Michael built it for me, so it has been a bit of a mystery, and a solution was beyond my grasp. However, my step-son, Tony Turino (shown above) stepped up to move the site to a new server and build a new Cascade Ramblings with newer and more flexible software. It has a different look and feel to it, but all the data is there and it operates lighting fast.  More changes are in store, Michael is going to make some artistic adjustments, and I’m sure Tony will have some more tricks up his sleeve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment