Friday, April 1, 2011

Chestnut-backed Chickadee

  
Warm sunshine had us sitting out on our front porch yesterday afternoon enjoying the birds that were coming to our feeder.  We had an amazing number of Dark-eyed Juncos, a couple of pairs of House Finches in bright red breeding plumage, half a dozen noisy House Sparrows, and one or two female Lesser Goldfinches. The best part was some interest in our bird house by a pair of Chestnut-backed Chickadees.  They gave the bird house a complete inspection, so I have my fingers crossed.  

2 comments:

  1. Perfect shot! another frame able photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the great works guys I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.


    my webpage; see post

    ReplyDelete