Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quartzsite RV Show


Today was our day off and we took the motor home to Quartzsite. The Quartzsite RV Show bills itself as “The largest gathering of RVs and RVers on Earth!” This is its 27th year and they expect over 150,000 people. The tiny community of Quartzsite that sits at the intersection of Arizona State Highway 95 and Interstate Highway 10 gets completely overrun with snowbirds every January. They overfill the town and spill out into the desert for miles and miles. We drove into this congested mess this morning for a pre-arraigned appointment with Henderson’s Line-Up to have a Roadmaster Heavy Duty Rear Anti-Sway Bar installed on our motor home. While Henderson’s did the work on our RV we toured the show. I meant to take some photos of the show, but I guess I was too busy hanging on to my wallet! When we returned to pick-up our motor home I asked Jeanette to snap this photo of me. By the way, the handling of the motor home is much improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment