Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Taking Notice

I've been going to Community Exercise Class here at the Dallas Retirement Village for several weeks now.  It's held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9:00am.  The class works on flexibility and balance, and is open to the entire Dallas community.  It's one of 8 to 12 events that is provided every day here at the DRV for no extra charge.  This morning as the class began with music and instructions by the paid leader, I was almost overcome by a sense of gratitude.  Here I was on another rainy morning in Oregon, in a warm facility, just a walk down the hall from our residence, enjoying an activity with other people in a healthy wholesome way. During mid-way break, I stepped out into the hall to get a drink of water. As I turned back towards the room, I noticed this fantastic art work on the wall of a Great Blue Heron.  I don't recall seeing it before, but I took notice and took this photo.  Has it been there all along, I don't honestly know.  I posted to Facebook earlier that my word of emphasis for this year is Gratitude. This morning I feel I have so much to be grateful for, and my point today is to take notice each day of what there is to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment