Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bullock's Oriole

Yesterday was such a busy one at the Seven Feathers RV Resort where we are attending a National Rally of the View-Navion RV Group, or Skinny Winnies as they are also called, that I didn’t get around to posting a blog until after 9 PM, and by then so many people were on the WiFi it was totally bogged down.  What I wanted to report was that we spent a pleasant day in Elkton on Monday, helping our renters and catching up with friends.  We also got in a bird walk from the city park out to the Elkton Community Education Center.  This male Oriole at the ECEC was one that we enjoyed the most.  We spent a lot of time last Spring watching them build their very interesting nest in this same tree. Click here to see some more photos of Bullock’s Orioles. 

5 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful bird. Hope to see one in person someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could a female Bullock's Oriole not be impressed with this handsome male in full color? I want your genes in my offspring, she is thinking. One of my fond memories of this species is watching and listening to these very territorial males chase each other through the trees. This fireworks was observed at a friend's residence in Klamath Falls a few years back. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I had no idea we had these in Oregon, much less so close to me. Dang, I was just in Elkton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete